- 04 March 2000 03:33
- 04 March 2013 10:18
INTERTANKO is committed to working for safe transport, cleaner seas and free competition.
Provide leadership to the Tanker Industry in serving the world with the safe, environmentally sound and efficient seaborne transportation of oil, gas and chemical products.
VISION FOR THE TANKER INDUSTRY
A responsible, sustainable and respected Tanker Industry, committed to continuous improvement and constructively influencing its future.
INTERTANKO AND ITS MEMBERS' GOALS
1. Be the representative forum of choice for all quality tanker owners and managers.
2. Enhance public and political awareness of the importance and positive performance of the tanker industry.
3. Promote balanced terms of trade and a competitive, transparent and sustainable tanker industry.
4. Lead the development, acceptance and implementation of uniform, worldwide international tanker standards
5. Lead in establishing and maintaining partnerships, cooperation and open and constructive dialogue with the relevant maritime authorities, organizations, associations and special interest groups.
INTERTANKO MEMBERS will:
6. Lead the continuous improvement of the Tanker Industry’s performance in striving to achieve the goals of:
- Zero fatalities
- Zero pollution
- Zero detentions
7. Deliver the highest quality services to meet the expectations of their stakeholders.
8. Promote the availability and utilization of personnel with the highest quality marine skills and competencies
INTERTANKO'S FOUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
1. To develop and promote best practices in all sectors of the tanker industry, with owners and operators setting the example.
2. To be a positive and proactive influence with key stakeholders, developing policies and positions, harmonising a united industry voice, and engaging with policy and decision makers.
3. To profile and promote the tanker industry, communicating its role, strategic importance and social value.
4. To provide key services to Members, with customised advice, assistance and access to information, and enabling contact and communication between Members and with other stakeholders.