- 09 November 2006 07:30
- 15 October 2012 02:08
Anti-Trust/Competition Law Compliance Statement
Anti-Trust/Competition Law Guidelines
INTERTANKO’s policy is to be firmly committed to maintaining a fair and competitive environment in the world tanker trade, and to adhering to all applicable laws which regulate INTERTANKO’s and its members’ activities in these markets. These laws include the anti-trust/competition laws which the United States, the European Union and many nations of the world have adopted to preserve the free enterprise system, promote competition and protect the public from monopolistic and other restrictive trade practices. INTERTANKO’s activities will be conducted in compliance with its Anti-trust/Competition Law Guidelines.
INTERTANKO through its membership and staff is committed to free competition and, therefore, will adhere to all applicable anti-trust/competition laws including but not limited to such laws and regulations enacted in the United States of America and the European Union.
All INTERTANKO meetings including meetings of committees, working groups, regional panels, reference groups, the Council, the Executive Committee and the Annual General Meeting shall be conducted in accordance with these guidelines.
All publications produced by INTERTANKO shall conform to these guidelines
INTERTANKO’s Freight and Demurrage Information Pool shall be operated in accordance with these guidelines.
All advice/information given to members by INTERTANKO staff shall be in conformity with these guidelines.
1. All agendas and minutes of meetings shall confirm that the meetings have been conducted in accordance with INTERTANKO’s Anti-trust/Competition Law Guidelines;
2. Neither INTERTANKO nor its members shall engage in any discussions on or agree upon:
- Fixing of terms, prices, rates
- Matters relating to particular customers or suppliers
- Boycott or black list particular customers or suppliers
- Divide markets or customers
- Otherwise seek to distort competition
3. All advice to members on, inter alia, chartering terms including information on model clauses shall be non-binding and for information only.
Any queries concerning these guidelines should be sent to:
Katharina Stanzel Michele White
Managing Director General Counsel
St Clare House St Clare House
30-33 Minories 30-33 Minories
London EC3N 1DD London EC3N 1DD
Tel. + 44 20 7977 7010 Tel. + 47 20 7977 7038
Fax. + 44 20 7977 7011 Fax. + 47 20 7977 7011