Not Logged In, Login,

Saturday, September 22, 2018


In response to a query from a member as to whether or not regulations similar to OPA90 exist in Canada, we would like to briefly mention the following, which has been received from Robin Maritime Inc., Montreal:

Any tankers entering Canadian waters must have a contract with a certified response organisation.
The present set-up is controlled by one company (ECRC), with whom a contract of complete coverage can be signed at the cost of CAD 750.00.  ECRC covers the geographical area Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River and East Coast Canada.
The local agent on behalf of the owner can sign the contract.  Alternatively the contract can be signed by a US-based response organisation.

Source:  Robin Maritime Inc., Montreal