INTERTANKO’s Strategic Work Plan includes major issues, high-level actions and targeted benefits to Association Members in five Main Focus Areas:
- Commercial Sustainability
This broad but focussed engagement enables the Association to deliver three core services to Members. Striving for continuous improvement and acting to serve its Members as:
To provide a clear structure to the Strategic Work Plan and to maximise the Association’s effectiveness in the main focus areas, major issues have been identified in each focus area with associated specific issues to address (see Table 1). Specific high level actions and desired outcomes, i.e. benefits for Members have also been developed and are grouped by Focus area in the following document.
Tools & Processes
To assist the implementation of the various actions as benefits for Members, INTERTANKO runs a number of databases and benchmarking tools and monitors various tanker and incident statistics. Information is also collated and shared directly during Regional Panel and expert Committee meetings, as well as during workshops, seminars and presentations targeting a wider audience. INTERTANKO also disseminates information through publications and reports. Topical bulletins ranging in focus from bunker quality to security or vetting, as well as a weekly electronic newsletter further supplement information available on the INTERTANKO website and its member-only sections.
Guiding Principles for Tactical Implementation
- All work shall be in compliance with INTERTANKO's Anti-trust/ Competition Law Guidelines.
- The human element and safety culture shall be duly taken into account when developing outcomes.
- Risk assessment shall be used in developing outcomes.
- Stakeholders input shall be sought and incorporated into outcomes, as appropriate.
- External advocacy shall be an integral part of each outcome.
- Regulatory and legal aspects of all issues will be closely monitored for appropriate/ necessary engagement.
- Responding to Members' requests shall be a high priority.
- Where appropriate, issues will be linked to the High Level Action Plan of the International Maritime Organisation contained in Resolution A.28/1061.