This content is only available to Members - please log in to download/view.
Guide to Safe Navigation (including ECDIS) 2nd edition
26 November 2021
The first edition of INTERTANKO's Guide to Safe Navigation (including ECDIS) was published in 2017 and through the combined efforts of industry multidisciplinary subject matter experts, this second edition has been enhanced to reflect current best practice and legislation to ensure that it continues to maintain its position as a definitive reference guide for modern-day navigators in the vessel’s wheelhouse.
The guidelines cover issues such as:
- Zone of Confidence (ZOC) and Passage Planning
- Under Keel Clearance (UKC)
- Area Settings in ECDIS
- Frequency of Position Verification in ECDIS
- Safety Contour in ECDIS
- Temporary And Preliminary Notices
- Techniques to detect jamming and spoofing
- Effective training
- Alert management
A high-res version of this document is also available to Members here.