- To further the interests of independent tanker operators in issues concerning chartering documentation
- Review new chartering terms and charterparty forms for tankers
- Liaise with other INTERTANKO Committees/Panels on issues affecting tanker chartering
- Assist/advise on chartering issues and contribute to seminars and events organised by INTERTANKO
- Produce publications on tanker chartering and charterparties
Chairman: Ms Anne Liversedge – Teekay Corporation
Secretary: Michele White
- Chartering practice and freight payments
- Model INTERTANKO chartering clauses
- Gas chartering
- Bunker supply issues
- Terminal Conditions of Use
- Piracy and Security issues
Model clauses published recently
- Agency clause
- Basrah Oil Terminal clause
- Bunker Emissions Clause for Time Charters
- Canal Transit clause
- Danish Straits clause (time & voyage charters)
- Ebola clause
- MARPOL Annex II Pre-Wash clause
- MARPOL Annex VI Clause
- Puerto Miranda (Lake Maracaibo) clause
- Turkish Straits Transit clause
Bunker 2020 drafting dominates INTERTANKO’s Documentary Committee
INTERTANKO’s Documentary Committee met last week at the offices of Maran Tankers Management. Led by the Chair, Anne Liversedge of... MORE
INTERTANKO Documentary Committee outlines future projects
INTERTANKO's Documentary Committee met last week in Greece at the offices of Eletson Corporation. The Committee, chaired by Ms Anne... MORE
INTERTANKO Documentary Committee reviews BP Voy 5
Members will be aware that BP Voy 5 was issued in March this year. This is the first revision of... MORE
INTERTANKO’s Documentary Committee advises on Nigerian Letters of Comfort
INTERTANKO's Documentary Committee met this week and one pressing item on the agenda was the issue of the Letters of... MORE
INTERTANKO’s Documentary Committee issues Nigeria Trade Clause
INTERTANKO's Documentary Committee has considered the effect of the recent Nigerian Directive banning 113 (actual figure 102) tankers from loading... MORE
Terms of Reference
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- In order to promote balanced and reasonable charter party provisions in the tanker industry, the Documentary Committee shall consider, prepare and review tanker charter parties, as well as other related documents, including any clauses contained in such documents as well as prepare model clauses for consideration by INTERTANKO member
- The Committee shall whenever possible cooperate and develop a friendly dialogue with such interested parties in the tanker industry that may be useful to this aim.
- To fulfil these objectives the Committee should when required set up such sub-committees and use such consultants as may be felt desirable.
- The Documentary Committee (and any sub-committees) shall assist the Secretariat in its efforts to keep the membership informed about developments relative to the documentary aspects of tanker chartering.
- Membership of the Committee shall be endorsed by the Council.
- The Committee's members may include representatives of INTERTANKO's Associate Membership and of other bodies or other individuals with whom INTERTANKO cooperates.
- The number of members in the Committee should not exceed twenty. Ten members constitute a quorum.
- The membership should always maintain a balance between a substantial proportion of owners' representatives with wide practical knowledge and experience and "advisers" including usually tanker brokers from different centres, club and legal representatives and consultants with wide relevant knowledge of the tanker industry.
- The Committee members term is two years which can be extended for another two years, unless other reasons apply and are approved by the Executive Committee. Examples of when other reasons apply could include when it is difficult to get new members to join a Committee or the member has specific expertise that would be valuable in the resolution of an important issue under discussion by the Committee.
- The Committee shall appoint its own Chairman subject to the ratification of the Council. The Chairman will usually be a shipowner's representative. The Committee may appoint one or more Vice-Chairmen.
- The Chairman’s term of office is two years which can be extended for another two years, unless other reasons apply and are approved by the Executive Committee. Examples of when other reasons apply could include when a new Chairman cannot be found or the resolution of an important issue under discussion by the Committee would benefit from the Chairman’s leadership.
- Meetings will normally be held in London and should be held two or three times a year. Committee members should make every endeavour to attend not less than one meeting per annum. Members further commit themselves to participate as fully as possible in e-mail discussions of matters arising between meetings. Such discussions are an important part of the Committee's effectiveness.
- Repeated non‐attendance/non contribution may result in a review of Committee membership by the Committee Chairman and Secretary and a recommendation of removal from the committee. A Committee member may, on occasion, be represented by an alternate from his company.
- INTERTANKO’s Documentary Committee Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman and members of INTERTANKO’s Secretariat may participate in all meetings of the Documentary Committee or any sub-committee set up in accordance with Article 1.3.
5. TRAVEL EXPENSES
The travelling expenses of the Committee’s membership shall be paid by the member company.
6. TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Terms of Reference shall be approved by INTERTANKO’s Council .
The INTERTANKO Secretariat undertakes the secretarial and administrative tasks for the Committee.
The Chairman or the Vice-Chairman of the Documentary Committee shall report to INTERTANKO’s Council and Executive Committee as required.
Maran Tankers Management Inc
Mr Michael Brooks
Mr. David Chapman
Prof Martin Davies
Tulane Law School
Dr. Peter Glover
Norton Rose Fulbright- Hong Kong
Mr. Adam Goldschmidt
Stolt Tankers BV
Michael K. Hope
North of England P&I Association Limited
Mr. Wellington Koo
Valles Steamship Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong)
Clarksons Platou (London)
Ms. Anne Liversedge
Teekay Shipping Norway AS (Stavanger)
Mr. George Mathioudakis
Tsakos Columbia Ship Management
Mr. Frank A. Riley
Assuranceforeningen SKULD Oslo
Mr. John Salmon
Sovcomflot (UK) Ltd
Capt. Milan Samaddar
Mansel PTE. Ltd.